Name: Maria (The1nonlyMaria)
Representing: Las Vegas
Nationality: 100% Latina and proud of it! My parents are from Tepalcatepec, Michoacán
1. What is your favorite store to buy makeup at?
All! lol. High end - Chanel. Drugstore, I would say Ulta.
2. If you could have your makeup done by any makeup artist who would it be?
Kim Kardashian's makeup artist, Mario Dedivanovic. He does such a beautiful job without her looking over done.
3. You're being dropped on to a deserted island and can only bring two makeup products with you. What would they be?
Mascara and highlighter
4. How do you decide on the type of videos you're going to film?
I just go with the flow. I also try to stay on top of what is trending.
5. Favorite food?
Seafood - lobster, crab and shrimp
6. Who are some of your favorite makeup artists and beauty gurus on social media?
I'll pass lol. Not too many that I can claim :)
7. What type of camera do you use to film your videos?
I have 2 - my Canon Rebel T5i and my Sony Alpha 5000
8. If you could do any celebrity's makeup who would it be?
J-LO hands down. She is the most beautiful woman in the world!
9. What is the most common question you get from your followers?
Idk. I get a few weird ones.
10. Favorite movie of all-time?
Titanic and Notebook. Can't just pick one!
11. At what age did you start wearing makeup?
Fifteen, if you count nude balm and clear mascara. I didn't dip into real makeup until about 22-23.
12. What is the one thing that you would want your fans and followers to know about you that they probably don't?
I'm a big tomboy and get along better with men than women.
13. How time consuming is it to update and maintain your social media pages?
It can get pretty hectic if you want to grow and get known. Tagging and adding products can take a long time. For example, if I post a selfie and edit the image then tag and add all products, it can take me a good 30-45 minutes for one post on Instagram.
14. When it comes to makeup would you say you're a saver or a spender?
LOL! Is this a trick question? As a beauty blogger I would have to say spender.
15. What do you consider your best facial feature?
I get a lot of compliments on my whole facial bone structure but I would say my nose :) I could use fuller lips, though.
16. What is the most challenging part of applying makeup for you?
Wing liner and false lashes! I still have yet to master them. It can take me a good 10-20 minutes to apply either of them.
17. How much time do you spend doing your makeup on a normal day?
18. How much time do you spend getting ready for a special occasion (wedding, party, etc.)?
Just the makeup alone might take about 45 minutes to an hour if I am doing dramatic eyes.
19. What advice would you give to new, up-and-coming makeup artists?
Don't forget to highlight!