Name: Crystal Roman (CrystalMakeup)
Representing: Born and raised in the Bronx; Moved out to Texas
Nationality: Puerto Rican
1. What is your favorite store to buy makeup at?
So many! Drug stores, Ulta, MAC, Sephora, online and also from small businesses :)
2. If you could have your makeup done by any makeup artist who would it be?
I would love to get something crazy done by one of my fave Hollywood artists, Ve Neill!
3. You're being dropped on to a deserted island and can only bring two makeup products with you. What would they be?
Highlighter and BB cream.
4. You're well-known for your pink hair. What brand of coloring do you use and how lengthy is the process of dyeing it?
I use Manic Panic in cotton candy pink for my color. I usually have to touch up my roots in about 3-4 weeks...but I go longer sometimes! I'm lazy, lol. Bleaching my roots takes like 20 minutes. After that I throw my pink on for about a hour or a little more for it to be more vibrant.
5. Favorite food?
Mofongo, homemade french fries, and rice and beans :)
6. Who are some of your favorite makeup artists and beauty gurus on social media?
@amrezy, @boomkackmua, @kellyjurado, @mariamalone1122, @luvekat, @bobbieeller. And so many more! I can name so many, lol.
7. You've lived in both New York City and Houston, TX. How is the makeup style different between the two cities?
It's very versatile in New York but Houston has its style, too :)
8. If you could do any celebrity's makeup who would it be?
Jennifer Lopez for sure!
9. What is the most common question you get from your followers?
How did I get into makeup.
10. Favorite movie of all-time?
Death Becomes Her, The Devil Wears Prada, Dirty Dancing, Grease, To Wong Foo. And also a lot of war movies. I know...I just threw you a curveball! Lol
11. At what age did you start wearing makeup?
Back in middle school I wore lip lip liner and mascara but I really got into makeup at the age of 18.
12. What is the one thing that you would want your fans and followers to know about you that they probably don't?
That I can be insecure. I'm not perfect and don't think I am. I judge myself all the time!
13. How time consuming is it to update and maintain your social media pages?
It's like a job! You have to keep up!
14. When it comes to makeup would you say you're a saver or a spender?
Both, lol. If I really wanted something I think I would spurge a bit but I LOVE bargains!
15. What do you consider your best facial feature?
My eyes :)
16. What is the most challenging part of applying makeup for you?
Well, I don't have patience, lol. Wing liner can take forever when you want that sharp point!
17. How much time do you spend doing your makeup on a normal day?
Like 10-15 minutes
18. How much time do you spend getting ready for a special occasion (wedding, party, etc.)?
My full face can take 35-45 minutes.
19. What advice would you give to new, up-and-coming makeup artists?
Never give up. You will always learn something new! Conquer your dreams!