Representing: Los Angeles, CA
Nationality/Background: Spanish, German, Mexican (in that order)
1. What is your favorite store to buy makeup at?
Sephora or Naimes (so hard!)
2. If you could have your makeup done by any makeup artist who would it be?
3. You're being dropped on to a deserted island and can only bring two makeup products with you. What would they be?
Foundation and liquid liner
4. You have over 500K Instagram followers. How did you do it?
Hard work. Fearlessness. Determination. Pushing myself out of my comfort zone. Modestly - because you never stop learning.
5. How did you come up with the name 'Depechegurl'?
It's been my nickname for years and it stems from my undying love and devotion to my all-time favorite band, Depeche Mode. I love that my name represents that.
6. Favorite food?
Soup! Chicken pozole, won ton soup, chips and salsa, chips and dip, lobster, shrimp, crab legs. Never ask a woman about food! She'll give you 20 different answers, lol.
7. Who are some of your favorite makeup artists and beauty gurus on social media?
8. What inspires you when deciding to create a look?
Music, high fashion runway shows, nature, drag queens, and other MUAs. Depeche Mode!
9. If you could do any celebrity's makeup who would it be?
10. What is the most common question you get from your followers?
Do you have a YouTube? Why don't you have a YouTube? How do you line your lips?
11. LOL...so why DON'T you have a YouTube channel?
It's too time consuming and I don't have the time to do it nor do I have the equipment. I also hate being on camera. I'm really shy. I don't even like selfies so...
12. Do you reply to comments and/or questions left by people on your Instagram page?
Yes, I try to answer all of the questions with my latest posts and I respond back to all of my direct messages. I also like to thank people who leave nice comments. Getting back to every single comment to say "Thank you" is nearly impossible, though. Interacting with everybody is awesome!
13. Favorite movie of all-time?
Sixteen Candles. (Molly Ringwald por vida!)
14. At what age did you start wearing makeup?
I started wearing lipstick and lip gloss when I was 5, and eyeshadow on my lids when I was 10.
15. What is the one thing that you would want your fans and followers to know about you that they probably don't?
Although makeup is my passion, I actually dislike doing freelance makeup. And my dream since high school has always been to have my own makeup line.
16. When it comes to makeup would you say you're a saver or a spender?
Definitely a $pender!!!
17. What do you consider your best facial feature?
18. What is the most challenging part of applying makeup for you?
My eyebrows because they take longer than anything else. They come out slightly different every single time, and mimicking brow hairs with makeup can be challenging at times.
19. How much time do you spend doing your makeup on a normal day?
When I actually do a full face of makeup it takes about 90 minutes.
20. How much time do you spend getting ready for a special occasion (wedding, party, etc.)?
3 hours including hair and makeup.
IG - @depechegurl